Master WordPress with this Complete WordPress Course, without learning how to code and without any programming!
Created by Rob Percival, Gregg Davis, Codestars by Rob Percival
Last updated 12/2018
What you’ll learn
- Create all kinds of commercial websites, using WordPress, to sell to clients
- Master the inner workings of WordPress, for fixing, troubleshooting, and building websites
- Set up server and hosting environments in the most economical and secure way
- Build and edit websites within staging and development environments
- Migrate and transfer WordPress websites from staging to live and vice-versa
- Sell Website Care and Maintenance plans to happy clients for recurring revenue
Expand all 97 lectures 21:27:41
- A working computer, either Windows or Mac.
- A modern browser like Chrome, or Firefox.
- Internet access for many of the lessons.
- You don’t need any experience with programming languages like HTML or CSS.
- Over 20 hours of video teaching and training.
- Learn to set up local development environments to play with WordPress websites in private, on your own computer.
- Evaluate and choose hosting for your own websites and client sites, with insights from 15 years of hosting client websites.
- Free extended hosting trials at SiteGround and Flywheel for performing coursework and hosting your website experiments.
- Premium Products WordPress Sandbox, where you can play with many premium WordPress resources, like Genesis Framework and Themes, WPMUDev Plugins, and other premium tools.
- Your Website Sandbox lets you create an unlimited number of experimental learning environments.
- Build more than 10 modern mobile-responsive websites, each with a different focus and learning purpose – each one could be re-purposed for a client website.
- Active and helpful community and forum.
- Direct access to your instructors for questions and help through the Udemy communications channels.
- Lifetime access to the course, including all future updates.
- Download and configure free open-source software tools and use online services to build the resources you need to create and manage WordPress websites.
- Master the ins-and-outs of hosting and development environments, including servers, files, and databases that WordPress uses.
- Learn how to get into the WordPress files and database to manually manage installation and troubleshooting for WordPress websites.
- Build a simple brochure website after installing and configuring WordPress manually.
- Add contact forms, Google Maps embedded in the site, and Google Analytics integrations for tracking visitors and traffic.
- Create a blog-style website, including category and tag navigation systems, and post formats for organizing content.
- WordPress website migration and moving sites to different hosts and servers.
- Hosting differences and migration services.
- Using staging areas for website development and updating.
- Working with Theme Frameworks and Child Themes.
- Creating a Child Theme manually and using a plugin.
- Customizing the WordPress Dashboard for clients.
- Working with plugins, and vetting them for usability, reputation and longevity.
- Website Speed and Performance testing.
- Custom Post Types for customizing a website’s functionality to match the needs of a client.
- Working with and extending Genesis Child Themes.
- Setting up email systems: transactional email sent by WordPress, marketing email sent to email lists in bulk, and specific email addresses at website domains.
- ECommerce and WordPress: using WooCommerce to build a webstore, and using Custom Post Types within WooCommerce.
- Customizing Account, Cart, and Checkout pages.
- Shipping and Digital Delivery.
- Updating WordPress, Themes and Plugins.
- Managing multiple websites for recurring income.
- Creating multiple backup and restore systems.
- Using website security through https:// and SSL Certificates.
- Finding clients and building client proposals
- Website care and management services for recurring income.
- Client billing for flat-rate projects and recurring charges.
- Those interested in learning to build websites using open-source and free tools should take this course.
- Those familiar with WordPress, who need a deeper understanding of how all the parts fit together, should take this course.
- Those new to WordPress, but looking for a complete system for creating and managing professional websites for clients or themselves, should take this course.